View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Recommend a computer game (PC)

Games I like:

* Everquest. I played this way to much for way to long. I stopped about a year ago. I played some World of Warcraft and Everquest 2. Couldn't get into them. Don't think I'm looking for the super time commitment of another one of these just yet.

* Empire Earth. Probably played more of this RTS than any other (though Starcraft was probably close.) I like RTS games, but sometimes all the clicking makes my mouse hand start hurting like hell.

* Battlefield 2. My most recent acquisition. Very fun game, though just logging on as some random guy playing with a bunch of other random people means I'm probably missing some of the more intense tactical elements of the game. I'm also in my mid thirties, which means I simply can't match the reflexes of most 18 year olds (not that mine are horrid though).

* Poker. Love poker. On a bit of a hiatus to recharge the batteries.

* Warcraft 3. Loved the team versus team play in this one.

* Civilization 1 and 3. Played way too much of these games. Only complaint was the tedium of the middle/end game.

* Half-life. Loved the single player game + single player expansions. Never could get into multiple player variants.

I have a decent system, should be able to run anything available fairly well.

What should I buy?