View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: What am I doing?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guy with $500 at the $100 party table is crazy raising in every hand, saying he is "rich biatch" and that he can do that all night.

I get smart and call in MP with AKo and $125, he was in small blind with god knows what.

He makes it $20 to go, idiot on tilt in the middle smooth calls and I FAIL TO PUSH ALL IN.

What the hell am I doing?

I should quit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the exact same situation. I called with the AK. Hit top pair, top kicker and lost my stack to the moron's A9 which hit top two on the flop. Let's both quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either knowning you can win 40BB for free or going in with a HUGE overlay against a donk with a FAR inferior hand aind still failing to do so is much worse than sacking up and just losing due to luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I understand your point, but in my hand because of my weak preflop play I let him hit his 2 pair on the flop and then put in a lot more cash when I was behind. When I could have played more aggro preflop and either taken down a nice sized pot with no risk or gotten it all-in preflop against a hand that I highly suspected I was dominating. It's the same situation, no? I'm pretty sure I played it like a moron.