View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Multi-table play and paying more rake

thanks guys means alot to me.I'm not happy about the rake increase..but I need to adapt so the stuff I write is coming from my to-do list in my mind so to speak.I play for a living for me online play has been great because my expenses are so low.But this can evaporate at any time..and having rakes go up even just 10-20% is a major issue.I was playing 10-20,15-30 and 20-40 mid ninties mostly 15 then did something else for 6 years.When I came online I played at Paradise and would get crushed so I told myself I would start at the bottom and thats what I've done now its 14 months later and I just had my first full year of play and $40K ok but not great.But this rake issue may force me to play higher and thats good becasue I should be playing higher anyway.The new rake increase still hurts $5-10 but $10-20 and $15-30 its negligable the change.
I'm playing it by ear and just gonna see how things go here..but this change may be for the best in the long run.
If I struggle playing higher I know I can always make $170 a day even with the new rake if I have to at lower limits.
I'm already testing the waters...chopiness foreseen!heh

B&M is always an option.I am always thinking about moving to Calif.where I have played mucho all over southern California.I have unfinished business to do in yellow and brown chip games in LA.

Problem is as you get older you want to hang your hat somwhere for good and I want to buy a home.This part of Florida is a great value!!