View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Many things i\'m confused about NLHE 6max

[ QUOTE ]
I would refrain from raising 44-88 for the following reason.
When you raise most players in SS will give you credit for two high cards, high pair etcetera. This is an issue when you start raising hands that you are basically playing for set value. I started doing this some a while ago and stopped because i found that i got paid off less than if i just limped.

Same thing i used to like a minraise or 3xBB raise if i was on button w/ any PP and there were limpers but i find that it just telegraphs your hand and kept me from getting paid off. Since, calling raises and then playing under flops and sets has been much more deceptive and profitable.

Just my 2 cents, don't know what everyone else thinks
Edit: The lost EV from not raising and building a pot pf is made up for by having a more disguised hand and being in position postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said you had to play 44-88 only for set value shorthanded?

Also, at higher limits, if you're only raising 99+ UTG, you're really hurting your Shania. By adding just a few hands at the bottom end of the spectrum (66-88), you're going to make it much harder for an opponent to play correctly against you. Often, you'll be able to take down the pot on the flop with a continuation bet because your opponent will read you for stronger than you are. It will also help you get more action from your premiums if you're opening with just a bit more early.