View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Many things i\'m confused about NLHE 6max

[ QUOTE ]
1) do you ever open limp - yes, small pocket pairs only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd argue with this one a bit. Open limping with small pairs is generally a good idea (except on the button or co where I'll often raise), but I like open limping with suited connectors too.

The best situation for a small pair or suited connector is to be in position vs. a preflop raiser, hoping to take down a big pot by making a set, straight or flush. However the definition of "in position" changes when there's a preflop raiser, the button can still be a powerful position, but oftentimes one to the right of the raiser is the best spot, as the majority of the time the action will be checked to him, and he will bet - leaving you the last to act on the flop (which is generally critical in raised pots, much moreso in multi-way raised pots).

So basically I'll open limp any hand that I'd like to get raised with (suited connectors and small-medium pairs, possibly big pairs in very aggressive games), and hope to create a multi-way pot where I hold the best (or near best) position the majority of the time.

Obviously the chances of getting raised diminsh the later position you're in, so often if I get a small pair or suited connector on the button or CO I'll just raise it myself a decent percent of the time depending on the table dynamics (sometimes crazy tables require tightening up and playing a bit more passive imo).