View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Last week of my internship or so I though? How to handle this?

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, I thought I my last day of work was this Friday, August 12, but my supervisor has the following week.
Should I stick it out another week or ask if I may have the upcoming week off? I really don't enjoy my job, but I have been working on & off here during the school year and worked here this summer because I was too lazy to find a better internship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at all the miserable guys in their 30's and 40's and 50's - the guys that hate their jobs, hate their bosses, and hate their lives. Every single day, they're about this close to shooting their boss because they have absolutely no control over any aspect of their lives. Every single minute of the workday is filled with doing whatever The Man wants. Every single shred of self-respect is gone. Do you know what started that trip to hell?

Agreeing to something minor when they were very young, like working an extra week when they knew goddamn well that they weren't supposed to.

Don't take the first step down the road to misery. Go tell your boss that Friday is your last day and you'll see him in hell before you see him in the office after 8/12.

Then urinate in his office.