View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Utterly embarrassing and honest confessions of a 1 year pro

I'm struggling with some of the same things. But my situation is a little different, since I'm 38 years old. I did the college thing and had at least 5 very different jobs over the years. If I never had to work for anyone but myself ever again that would be fine with me. My goals (J V style) for this year and probably next year too are: putting away as much money as possible, losing weight, and getting my teeth fixed (about one year left of this). The "F as many girls as possible" goal is on hold for now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I do feel a little like I am always waiting though - it gets depressing. I do the whole "wake up at 2PM, don't leave the apartment for days sometimes" thing. This is why I made sure I got out to Vegas for the 2+2 thing, and I will be taking a trip for 5 days next week where I will play no poker at all. In fact I kind of regret the amount of poker I played last Sunday at the Wynn. I should have gone over to the Rio instead.

Anyway, I'm only about 5 months into this thing, and still in the bankroll building and moving up stage. Maybe I will figure out what I want to do about these other things before I get to the one year mark. If I can get to a decent win rate in dollars per hour, that would definitely help.

I don't really have any advice other than what was already said. I hope you listen to it, even the stuff that is not sugar-coated.