View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Another 2p2 table hand

Here was my thought process; Pre-flop I put opponent on a medium pocket pair or high cards, either way my opponent had position on me. The table was playing very tight, and I felt an UTG raise of 4x would take the blinds right there, but I got a caller. This was a mistake on my part.

After the flop, I was relatively sure I was either very behind or a slight favorite.

I chose not to check on fourth street because I knew my opponent had a hand, but I felt that making a small bet with respect to the pot could give me more information.

The min-raise on 4th street told me he was either slowplaying QQ/JJ/TT or protecting 99 or a PP below 7. I figured the latter, as my opponent usually was the enforcer with the chips, and had not made a tricky play in a while. I figured if my opponent had the goods at this point, he'd have jammed a much larger raise.

The river card gave me two scenarios: either I'm ahead of a small pocket pair, or I'm behind a medium pocket pair. I felt like he had JJ at this point.

I had the image of a player who was slowplaying the nuts, half-potting bets when I more or less was going to win the pot. So I bet $10 of my remaining $20, with the intent of saying "I'm betting less because I'm trying to illicit a call". Thankfully, it worked.

Not my best played hand, certainly one of the more interesting ones though.