View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Small buy-in tournies in Vegas

Just got back last week and played at the Sahara and Aladdin tournaments. I really liked both of them for different reasons. Aladdin was about 40-50 entries, $40 entry fee and $20 rebuy, top 6 places paid, I think first was bout $640 or so. I think the blinds start at 25-50 and are 20 minute rounds, you get T1500 to start and I think the rebuy gets you T1000 more. I really like the comfort level the Aladdin room has. We were actually 9 players to a table to start the tourney too.

The Sahara tournament was $42 buy in and $20 rebuy, you get T2000 to start and T1500(I think) for your rebuy. This was a big tournament, about 120+ players and when I first sat down at my table I noticed way too many chairs and I started moving a few to get to my seat, but the dealer said, "stop, we're playing 12 handed". I was a bit concerned about being sandwiched 12 to a table, but it actually turned out to be 11 handed, which was still crowded. The blinds relative to your starting stack is a little better here, blinds start at 25-25 and are 20 minute rounds. After the first hour there's a break where they give you free sandwiches, which since I lost wasn't worth the $62 price tag (ha ha). But a nice perk nonetheless. I think first prize in this tourney is upwards of $3000. The play at both of the tournaments was similar.

I didn't play any other tourneys while there, just wanted lower buy in ones, but I hear the PLaza ones are well worth the money in terms of starting stack vs. blind structure being to the players advantage.

hope this helps,
SteveP