View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: I feel like I have just entered the TWILIGHT ZONE

Thank you for your reply to my omaha post. I was certianly in a frenzy last night (this morning) when I wrote it.. I have played a fair amount of omaha 8/b ring games - but this was my first tourney. I failed to remember that it was 4 in the morning and certainly people were drunk and stupid playing online poker. But darnit... I've been playing poker for about 5 years now (not terribly long.. but long enough) and i had never freaking seen 3 or more people all in PF in several hands in succession. My brain hurt and thus I wrote.
I really appreciated the distinction between the second best hand and the second nut. I've just been stuck on the fact that if I don't have the nuts I don't have a winning hand... giving too much credit to my opponenets, or not trusting my own hand enough. Either way I still have a bit to learn about omaha.
Alas.. the tourney ended up unsuccesful about a half hour after the rebuy period ended... I played their all in "chicken" games with a respectable AK24. AKs. Got beat by something or other.. and by the end of it I gave up being frustrated and came to the conclusion that we were all playing scratch off lottery tickets and my odds weren't very good cause i had only scratched off about 5 of the 100 hands i was dealt. Anyway... cheers. Thanks again. Happy Holidays

Az