View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 06:52 AM

Default I feel like I have just entered the TWILIGHT ZONE

So... I'm playing a $10 re-buy 8/b PL tourney on PP right now... and I am just not sure of what is going on
Raise.. Re raise... re raise.. re raise.. ALL IN. ALL IN. ALL IN. ALL IN. Are we still pre-flop here.. or are things happening that my eyes just can not see?? I admit.. I am not the best omaha player - possibly too tight - for I feel I have thrown away the 2nd best hand a few times tonight.. a 10high flush...an AKsxx pre-flop (after feebly attempting to raise these jokers... only to be raised, and re-raised all in) and then see a flop of AAK. Of course the player who raised me all in had a great drawing hand.. JQQQ. YIKES! (oh.. and the other guy had A2xx.. valid.. ehh.. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] )
But damnit.. these hands that I've read about in books that are second best, garbage hands... would have won! Time and time again tonight! And I kept on throwing them away. And I'm not talking about pre-flop garbage here that would have luckily made a boat or trips or something.. but low flushes, sucker ends of straights, top and bottom pair.. even top two when there was a possible straight on the board (pocket aces took that one home) Ugh! And these people kept pressuring me for all of my chips.. where are my balls? Or am I making the right play regardless of the result??
So.. I just needed to vent, and remind myself that I should be paitent because that type of aggressive crazy no-nonsense play should pay my tight ass off eventually... right, RIGHT?

Well.. I don't know what you may think, but at least you got through my entire post. All I really wanted was someome to listen. And since it is 4:30 am where I am at... I can't just call my neighbour. I have no bad beat.. no sorry tale... I am just perplexed at this oddity they call omaha. Is 10 6 4 2 off really a hand to go all in with pre-flop? Or have I entered the twilight zone????

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Az

P.S.
Does anyone know any really good books on Omaha 8/b strategy? I've read the one by Skalansky/Malmuth (8/b for advanced players...) And I'm looking for something different.........

P.P.S.
and just as i wrote my last sentence.. a player just took down a nice pot with AAAK. (and no.. there were not trips on the board) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]