View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:02 AM

Default Re: AA...do I get greedy?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any other hand you would consider just calling with pf in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

the answer to this question means nothing unless you think his opponent is capable of a third level of thought...which i doubt he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about 3rd level...The guy's thinking, "wow this tight player just raised preflop then only called off like a quarter of his stack. looks like he's trying to trap with a monster to me." if garland pushes he could likely to think, "oh this bastard has AK and wants me to fold my pocket two's, good thing they are a favorite over AK, I call."
Not that this amount of reasoning is certain for the other player...but it's definitely possible and worth considering.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, perhaps I'm way off, but the re-raise smooth call looks worse to me then a push here (if I were villian). BUT the ultimate trick is to try and get a read on how deep you think your opponent thinks about the game. How standard is this thought at this level. It doesn't appear like something too advanced. Perhaps I give more credits to my opponents then I should though.

I would push here. If you're read on MP3 is correct though, then I'd call. I think it's pretty read dependent between call/push.