View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: 5-10, Difficult Turn Decision?

Heh, never fails, everyone responds to the gossipy threads and ignores the interesting hands... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
In general, I think he's probably a decent player for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, I don't know where to begin here. What is a decent player calling with for 1/4 of the effective stack size?

Looks like either:

1. a combination draw- JT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], maybe AT/KT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]:

or

2. a smaller set planning to commit on a safe turn.

...both of which fit his preflop action.

Anything else? Seems like he would bail on anything smaller facing a bet and a raise and being out of position. 89, maybe. T7 seems unlikely given the preflop/flop play, and JTo/77/etc seem like too small of draws to play here.

In any event, this seems like a clear check. Other than 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8x, there aren't likely hands where he has one (and only one) diamond (or a 7). So he is probably way behind (free card doesn't hurt) or just made his draw (you want a free card).

I guess I could speculate about possible river scenarios, but i think this is enough for now.

-muz