View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Party .5/1: AQo in the SB

Thanks for the response. A couple of questions...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the preflop raise because we're out of position. Why put extra bets in when the only way we're playing past the flop is if we hit? Put in the minimum and we'll have these limpers dominated if a Q or A is on the flop (which means they'll put in extra bets against us).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I used to rationalize limping with AK in my (more) weak tight days. Is AQ that much worse of a hand in this early position (even against 2 party .5-1.00 limpers)?

[ QUOTE ]

Also, betting into 3 opponents with one overcard and a paired board is very dangerous. Its to easy to get raised behind and end up paying extra to see the turn when we could easily be drawing dead anyway. However, if we were last to act, this would be an easy bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the board pairs like this I usually assume it is much less likely for someone to be holding one of the last 4s. Also 4 is a very low card. If there was a pair of Ts on the board, I would be more afraid (people are more willing to limp with JT than J4). Another thing -- a lot of these players will wait until the turn to raise if they do have a 4. If the turn comes a blank, we can easily check-fold. (Although if we catch an A, we are a bit screwed).

[ QUOTE ]

The check-raise here is interesting, I'd only do it if I knew the button was a habitual bluffer but a weakie at heart. Otherwise I wait for another hand to try something fancy like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Thoughts?