View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Party .5/1: AQo in the SB

This is the same table as my AKs post. The button is the loose-passive preflop, but aggressive post flop player from before. The BB appears to be tight-aggressive preflop and passive post flop and UTG+1 seems to be a bit loose passive, but has only been at the table a dozen or so hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

First is the preflop limp too weak? I likely would have lost the BB with a raise, but I am out of position and going to be facing at least two opponents so I figured just completeing was better.

What does everyone think of the flop raise? I figured the button could be betting almost any hand here. If you like the raise do you fold to a re-raise by any of the opponents. If they call do you bet the turn if you still don't improve?