View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Table Selection on Party Poker

A couple of months ago I switched from Paradise Poker to Party Poker for a few reasons not really relevant to this post.

One of the things that I liked about Paradise though was how easy it was to perform table selection duties. Paradise lobby gives % to see the flop, as well as average pot size. These stats are updated in near real time, and it is easy to see who is seated at a table and what their stack sizes are.

It seems Party has a real delay in updating the lobby stats, shows less information, and is so slow in displaying who is at the table that it becomes nearly impossible to scroll through the tables in the lobby (and see who is seated). Plus there are so many more players at Party that despite over 20k hands, I am still often sitting with 9 unknowns.

Where is this ramble going? My table selection in Party is therefore usually random. My bb/100 I believe is suffering because of it. Occasionally I may find myself at a juicy table, but so often I am not.

At Paradise I would find the right mix of Pot size and % to the flop, and combine it with some known players (be them TAG, LAG, passive fish) and I knew what I was getting into right away.

So what tools, methods, criteria do you use to select tables on Party?