View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Capped on flop+turn, who keeps firing?

First hand at the table, so no reads. I've been reading how the general consensus at 2+2 is that micro players are often too willing to give you lots of action with weak hands, and so you shouldn't be afraid to bet your good hands for value. I'm trying to incorporate this into my game, but am trying to understand the difference between TAG and LAG.

I'm mainly curious about what tactic people would adopt on the river, the rest seems straightforward.

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (7.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (34.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero ???

Realistically I figure I'm only afraid of a slow-played AA since I figure QQ would raise pre-flop. I'm concerned that UTG continues to lead into me after I capped the turn. Do people bet or call down here?