View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: The old coin-flip debate

Hi Brad,

[ QUOTE ]
I have softened somewhat on hands like TT and JJ because that I think so many opponents will push with Ax on the button or even K7+. The possible addition of a small card makes hands like TT (and maybe even 99) better than perhaps I have first suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo Brad,

At the higher buyins (200's) this is a borderline auto-call in some games because many very good players will push with Ax or K-7-8. You just can't give hands like 99-TT up in these situations, especially when the blinds are large. Plus, players pickup on the fact that you won't defend immediately and challenge you even more. I also almost always call with AJ (amazing how often this is dominant) and AQ-AK are near autocalls. Of course, some of this is read dependent (I know of one player who will only push with PP's 88 or above or AK, AQ. Of course, I won't call this player with overs in that situation. I would like to be on the "good side" of the flip...the guy with the 11-9 edge), but these are pretty standard for me at these levels. I like my bubble results but want just a few more 1sts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pitcher