Thread: Brag Post
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Brag Post

here are the rules of russian poker:

it's played 2 3 or 4 handed (if you have more people i recomend taking turns sitting out)

everyone is dealt 13 cards

you make 3 different hands out of the 13 cards, a 5 card high hand, a 5 card low hand, and a 3 card high hand

your 5 card high hand has to be better than your 3 card high hand (like you couldn't have trips in your 3 card hand and 2 pair in your 5 card high hand)

your low hand is a 2-7 low, not an A-5 low like in omaha 8's or better

3 straigts and 3 flushes don't count for anything in your 3 card high hand, you either have a high card, a pair, or trips

so everyone makes there 3 hands, and then when everyone's done, everyone flips there hands up (it's convenient to put your cards on the table to signal you are done).

now, you win 2 points each time you beat some one on 2 out of 3 hands, and you win 4 points (a scoop) each time you beat some one on all 3 hands, and you pay out points the same way (losing 2 out of 3, losing all 3)

sometimes you can win one, lose one, tie one, this is just a tie and no points change hands

if you win 2 and tie one, you get 3 points

also, if before you see your opponents hands you think your hand is really bad, you can surrender and just give every 2 points regardless (to prevent yourself from getting scooped)

if some one breaks the rule that there back hand (5 card high) has to be better the front hand (3 card high), then they are forced to surrender regardless

i recomend maybe playing for fun at first, so the points (chips) are worthless, and then after a while say "i dunno how bout a couple bucks a point?"

i thinks that's everything, and yeah it's a great game to play for those intimidated by poker, because it feels more like blackjack or pai gow poker than actually poker