View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Thoughts on Empire Poker and the Zoo

Ok, this is really getting out of control. First of all, those of you who are debating whether or not it's safe to keep money on Empire are truly imsinformed. Empire (or any IGM) skin that has suspended a player for having multiple and thus breaking the terms and conditions of the site has NEVER confiscated that players money.

Second, I read through the other thread of getting to the bottom of the closures, and it seems like there is a good case for each of them. Who is getting closed? Blonus whores and people who don't play there? It should be obvious that if you sign up for a site with the intention of whoring it, you don't get to complain when they catch you.

Thirdly, and this goes to everyone, rakeback is not "about to end". I have no doubt it WILL end, probably somday soon, but there are no indications it will be this month, or even this year. iGM skins are still the most profitable even without rakeback. And you know who is to blame when rakeback does come to a screeching halt? People getting rakeback in the first place. Sure we all do it, but we are not entitled to it, and I think some people forget that. You guys act like Party will not get your business anymore if they stop paying affiliates. Where else are you going to go? Full Tilt? Lol, not likely. The worst players have always been on Party and will be long after your rakeback check is a fond memory.

It's not like one skin can "go crazy" and the others will not. It's all the same network!!! It's like what we saw with PokerNOW: that site literally went out of business and not ONE person lost what was in their account. Those of you who remember Zero Rake should be thankful for that.

Everyone just relax. Nothing is "about to happen" and the sky is not falling.