View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Is NO LIMIT the new King of Hold\'em?

I doubt the bad players will just leave and go back to limit. Although I'm not a fan of NL poker, it does provide something that limit does not. Action. The adrenaline thrill of NL is that any time you can double up your entire stack. This is somewhat different than the limit game which has smaller swings.

To the bad players, NL poker is like craps. They think they can beat the game but cannot and ultimately play b/c they like the action. If they wanted to win, they would simply read and play better.

The other thing that NL has going for it is that it is "the cadilac of poker". Theres a certain level of respect that NLers believe the game entitles and these same people don't like limit b/c its a lesser game. They believe that limit hold em is all about luck b/c you can't prevent the suck outs and they happen so often.

For those reasons I think NL hold em will be here for quite a while. On the flip side, I will be playing limit b/c I just enjoy the game more. I don't think there will be any shortage of fish @ either game.