View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Maximizing value/Minimizing loss - 200 NL - $400 stacks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im not going broke here. He could easily have 77 or 22. I call his raise and check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot on river will be $320+ which is less than what either of us have left. Would you check/fold to an all-in?

I'm thinking the stack considerations mean that if you call the turn you should probably just push any river.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wouldnt push any river. The guy might shove all in with AT if you check to him and hes tilting. Do you think hes gong to call YOUR all in with AT?

I have no problem with your preflop raise, but theres no such thing as raising for value preflop with 85s

[/ QUOTE ]

Iceman your posts do not compute. First you said you refuse to go broke here, then you say I should be check-calling his river bet. A check-call breaks me!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt say I refuse to go broke. I said "Im not going broke". I shouldve said Im not sure Im willing to go broke. I havent decided yet at this point in the hand (when he raises)

When you call his turn raise, the pot is going to be about $320 but youre still going to have $245 left. You dont know if hes going to push or not. If he does, you have to make a tough decision. But still, against this guy who is tilting, I would rather call his all in than push myself. Thats the main point Im trying to make.

Also, like I said, I have no problem with the preflop raise, but if you raise EVERY time you open a pot, youre going to get run over by a good player.