View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Cardplayer Cruise Trip Rport

I don't know who you are, but welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
CPC usually books passage on Holland America because their ships are nicer, the service and food are better, and the facilities are far superior to Carnival's. However, HAL is more expensive to book than Carnival,

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen! Actually, as far as HAL prices go, the CPC on the Spirit was the most I've ever paid, pp/pd, out of four cruises (three on HAL, one on Spirit). But I usually go for bargains, not necessarily CPC.

[ QUOTE ]
And we had our own section of the dining room -- no reserved seating; we could sit wherever we wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this was hell on the dealers. Glenn was never able to get to dessert. Sometimes he didn't even finish his entree. The servers were indifferent, at best, outright rude, at worst (we changed tables almost every night, trying to find a server with even the slightest hint of a conscience).

[ QUOTE ]
At least one non-CPC player was caught before he got into the same tourney I was entered in -- he picked my stepson's name off the player list and took his seat card.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yuck! I am sure you reported this. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Nice to "meet" you, at any rate. Glenn has already been invited back to deal, but I think we'll stick to the HAL cruises only.

Too many complaints about Carnival for me to even list, lol.