View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: More job advice - salary negotiations

You should get x.

If it was clearly stated then there really shouldn't be *any* discussion.

Frankly, I don't think you should allow the price to come down at all from whatever that figure was.

I wouldn't want to work for someone who offered me a certain amount and changed or allowed it to be changed.

Oh, and not that you've told them that you'd accept less money...but *never* mention that you would. In fact, even if in your mind you are ok with $1k less, I think you should at the very least get compensated for that amount in some way (I admittedly am not familiar with your job or what that compensation could entail).

In the industry I work in I'm pretty sure you can't offer someone a certain amount and then immediately offer them less than that amount. The company would lose credibility in a hurry and no one would work for them anyway.

Sorry...I'm pissed they are trying to stiff you for some reason...

I'd go talk to the guy who offered you the certain amount and make it clear you aren't happy with what's happening.

This unchecked agression WILL NOT STAND! Past this line you DO NOT CROSS!

The fact that you're willing to take the job for 1k less should be an extra 'out' in your back pocket...but from what you've said, it sounds like at least the guy filling out the paperwork is not handling the situation well.

Yugoslav