View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: 22$; three hands for inspection

The funniest thing to me was Hand 2, where you just called the flop and then pushed the turn when a scare card fell. That's didn't make any sense. The only reason to just call the flop is to trap your opponent, by letting him continue to lead. You have the perfect opportunity to do so when a 9 falls, because this gives him a great bluffing opportunity. The way you played it, you get called when you're behind and nothing when you're ahead.

An alternative to Hand 1 would be to call the flop and see what he does on the turn. If he was just pretending to have and Ace, or he has a weak Ace, he might stop on the turn. This play is better against a better player, who can figure out that your check on the flop means strength and not weakness. I'm mentioning this line because you said your opponent is a 2+2 er, who's thinking has a good chance of being "My opponent raised probably with a pair or a big Ace. I'll represent having an Ace, and see if he folds." When you check, if he doesn't have an Ace, he should fear you're trapping him and slow down. If he checks the turn, you should be able to bet at take it down.

The problem I see with this is that the most likely hands that he would call you with are hands with an Ace or a medium pair (a big pair would probably re-raise; your raise wasn't very big), so calling is risky. (Actually your raise was small enough that a small pair might call too.)

Anyway, just another line to mention. Folding seems best.