View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: There\'s a third time for everything

[ QUOTE ]
"You should maximize every EV edge you have in a cash game..."

That is a meaningless sentence to me because I am unable to know the EV's of my decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmm. This is true in that you are unable to know the EV's of your hands, much like you are unable to know your opponents hands. Poker is a game of incomplete information (as im sure you already know); hence you should guess [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. If you want to defend your KK fold b/c you think the other guy had AA; that is fine; and i'd be very interested to discuss it. However "waiting for a better spot" is not a valid argument as to why you can/should fold the KK (unless you provide additional reasons... i.e. underbankrolled; fish would leave if he scored big etc.). If some1 you knew who was adequately bankrolled for a game told you the exact action that you posted on here I suspect you would reply very similarly to strassa/zeejustin (call call call). W/ the information posted here it seems you made an awful decision... perhaps there was more to the story.

EDIT: btw you have played a lot longer than me, yet i have folded KK preflop on many more occasions than you have... FWIW.