View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: officiating in the giants/skins game

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not going to get into listing each bad call one by one, but i thought the officiating in the jints/skins game was absolutely egregious. The giants got hosed all day. Between all the bad calls, the bad spots, and the bad non-calls, i cant remember a game where the giants got hosed this badly in a very long time. It was really ridiculous.

I'm not saying the giants would have won if the officiating were more fair, but i think it would have been a closer game and could have gone either way. A number of skins drives that ended up in scores would have been stopped if it werent for suspect calls against the giants, and then that holding call that took away the toomer td in the 4th quarter was just utter bullsh1t. you cant make a call thats sujective like that with the game on the line in the 4th quarter. it has to be more flagrant than that.

I'm a giants fan, and i try to be unbiased when i evaluate the team and watch games, but this one has me steamed. i really felt the officiating was one sided.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 100%. The Giants got their rears handed to them today by Washington, but the officiating was absolutely putrid.

The worst call I thought was the roughing the passer on Alonzo Jackson -- for freaking giving the QB a hug. Incredible.

I have seen too many games that have been changed by these ridiculous 15 yard penalties for roughing the passer where the defender did nothing but blow on the QB. It's time for the NFL to address the fact that these penalties are changing games. Do what they did with roughing the kicker. Add a new penalty called "late contact with the QB" or something like that, and make it a 5 yarder. Save the 15 yard penalties for real roughing the passer that deserves a personal foul. These other ticky tack nonsense calls should be 5 yards.