View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: WA/WB, bet the river?

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you didn't C/R the flop and lead the turn (I think I would call down if he 3-bets the flop).

Given how you made it to the river, yes C/C is fine, but you really shouldn't be in a position like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if c/ring the flop is really the best idea. With that board there are a lot of hands that are probably about even equity wise with hero's hand. AK,AQ, most hands with two hearts, OESDs, etc because all of these hands will be overcards+straigh/flush draw against heros hand. The LAG isn't going to lay any of these down if he has them, so there isn't much you can do to protect your hand. The only other reason to raise is if we have an equity advantage, which I think with the possible draws plus the times villian has a bigger pair probably make it a -EV raise.

I like check call, if villian has any of the draws he won't take a free card on the turn anyways, maybe the turn would be a spot to c/r, but you set yourself up to be outplayed if villian will 3-bet with a worse hand. He'll bet on the river with a busted draw, so I like the c/c there as well.