View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Is there a point where I stop raising here?

Look at it this way.

There is no hand that he could bring to 20 bets on the flop that he could conceivably have that would make sense. If he's bringing it to 13 bets with 3/3 on a flop with 3 overcards, he's just as likely to bring any full house to 50 (or whatever) bets with any full house. I'd say it's more likely.

If you're risk neutral, repeated raises are necessary. If you aren't risk neutral (say, the chips on the table are needed for rent money), then you could make an argument for not raising all of it.
[ QUOTE ]
But seriously... if it was NL, I would have called an all-in, so in this case, I would definitely keep raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Horribly flawed way of thinking, and probably not too much off from what the guy with aces was thinking when he raised an absurd amount of bets there with such a vulnerable hand.

In this situation, yeah, you probably should be getting it all in except against someone who really does know what theyre doing (and also thinks that you know that you know what you're doing).

The two situations aren't analogous. Because you're willing to push/call an all in for that amount in a no limit game doesnt mean you should raise repeatedly to get all in when the game is LHE.