View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: (PS 10+1) Review these hands

1.As far as the first hand goes. With two early limpers from EP I would just limp in with nines, as apposed to raising.

2. Second hand is kind of a tough one imo, you are getting laid about 2.2-1 and have a large chips stack. So I suppose you could -sigh- call the all-in and just hope you are not dominated. But I would fold this pre-flop for shizzle.

3. A J is a tricky hand, believe me its not as good as it looks. With 4 folds I might throw a raise in there if I felt the table was passive but other than that I generally limp or fold. After that though the flop action seems ok to me. Villian made a very odd bet that commited most of his stack, I would be suspious of that. Anyway the decision to go all-in has alot to do with feel. You have top pair with a decent kicker and a draw to the second nut flush. I would assume that leaves you with about 14 outs (give or take a few) if you don't have the best hand right now. This is a hard question to answer and I don't know if I am even qualified to give the correct answer. But imo pushing or folding were both resectable options based on your read of villian. Though in -most- cases I just dump AJ PF.

4. Again with the AJ you have to be careful. Often times your opponent will have a better kicker or raggity two pair in this situation. After your pf raise and flop bet, villian is showing a TON of strengh by going all-in. He wants a call, like I said in most cases dump AJ pf and if not procede with caution. You have to fold this on the flop.