View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Wow. Just . . . WOW. (Sorry, LC)

[ QUOTE ]
Two things. First, PP is full of fish - don't be mad about it, just take advantage of it. E.g. don't represent trips if you don't really have it. You'll get plenty of callers when you do, so there's no need to try to make money bluffing.

Second, there are a TON of people, like you, who bet trying to represent trips when they don't really have it. People know this, and it gives them reason to call down. Again, don't be mad about it, but rather take advantage of it!

I think its hard to generalize a win rate...afterall, people's skill varies, don't you think? I do well at Stud, and I suck at HE, so I would tend to say stud is more profitable. Emery kicks a$$ on HE, so naturally he thinks its more profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, no complaining here. I went on a 50BB rush over 110 hands . . . I had some luck, but at least half of that was from people calling me down after I paired my door card. This was Party 5/10, not higher . . . but I can't believe that the 5/10 isn't beatable for at least 3-4BB/100, if not more. (I'm guessing that just like the Stud8 games, there's a very wide differential in player quality between the 5/10 Stud games and the 10/20 Stud games.)

Or maybe I just got lucky and sat down at two tables stocked with more fish than usual. Talk about your small sample sizes. Still . . . damn.

Goes without saying I completely agree with that no-bluffing thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].