View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Sklanskt can play tournament poker!

Nowone even addresses Sklansky's success at a STT style tourney has little if anything to do with common MTT conditions these days were 500 entries are quite common. In fact I think Sklansky would kill the Satellites at any WPT event bc tight play early is a must to consistently win at these IMHO.

Proof?? Tom McEvoy makes like half his $$ at these and from his book with Cloutier I think we all can agree he is way tighter than your everyday WPT pro or wannabee is these days.

Like everyone here I admiRe Sklansky and think he is perhaps the greatest thinker ever on the subject of Limit Holdem..and perhaps poker in general...he can consistently beat huge games like 300-600 and can now retire on his book sales alone. I must however say I dont believe at this point he can be considered a top NLH MTT player or even a top thinker on the subject...Yes I skimmed TPFTAP. Again Im not here to knock one of the giants of poker and a man who makes us all able to communicate and learn in such a great forum. Im just putting in my 2 cents on the differences between MTT and Stt SKILL SETS AND STRATEGIES.

P.S. I do believe Harrington is THE TOP MTT tourney strategist alive and the fact that Sklansky signed him to 2+2 and got him to produce what has been received as a groundbreaking work illustrates Sklansky's continuing strength as a publisher and as an eye for poker talent.