View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Stars FPP --> Satellite --> Cash

currently you can unregister from MTT's that you qualify for and keep the T$ for SNG type play.
But since it's a 'ticket' to one of these bigger events we can't know yet if this will work for the FPP-rewards stuff.

I too will be interested to see how this works regarding unregsitering for T$.

how high and how many SNG's would you have to play to make it the Supernova?
If you play as 100+9 SNG's then I think you would get 54 VRP's per tourney. If you are 4-tabling these then that's about 200 VRP's per hour and a half perhaps (SNG's are longer structures on Stars than other sites...unless you play the turbos they have now).

4-tabling the 3/6 or 5/10 limit should get more VRP's than that.

I just don't see it being very easy to rach super-nova or earn points via SNG's...but maybe I'm wrong.

for 'sort of' real cash options:
there's also the $500 and $2500 'travel' voucher as well as the $1000 Nieman-Marcus certificate.

Perhaps they will other gift-card stuff from Amazon, Best Buy, WalMart, etc in the future (stuff that to me would come closer to working 'like' cash).

I expect that if Stars works out a deal with one of these companies then they get some sort of rebate (stars pays $95 for each $100 gift-card at WalMart when bought in bulk...and then sells them for $100 in FPP value....also WalMart gets marketing exposure just by having their logo and link up on the FPP store).