View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: HAND RESULTS/CONFESSION

THIS POST CONTAINS THE RESULTS OF THE HAND. DON"T READ IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW

First, I confess that I was actually the BB in this hand. I was curious what other people thought about what I (BB) had based on my bet and what others would do in the SB position. It seems the popular opinion was call, SB most likely has the best of it. If BB has AA, tip your cap. I'm not sure what I would have done in the SB position. I probably would have called as well and cursed the poker gods afterwards if I lost.

My thoughts on my push of (AA) were that the SB has played with some aggression, but never really doing anything preflop such as re-raising from 175 to 800. This put two things in my head strong hand or big bluff.

If it's a strong hand, he might come along and I'll have alot of difficulty getting away from AA if he out flops me.

If it's a big bluff, I'm not likely getting any more than what's in the pot (unless he has me beat on the flop, then I'm getting nothing).

A flat call of 800 from the BB I figured would put up major flags. A possible preflop re-raise war kind of screams AA as well. So I pushed, which according to the majority of people seems really suspicious.

My thinking for the push was I could win 1k now, or go to the board as at least an 80% favorite or even with all the money in. Also, the UTG maybe would have called 625 more if he had a hand, which would have lowered my edge.

The board was kind. Nothing over a 10 and a rainbow. I doubled up.