View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Post Flop odds calculations

In the back of Hold'em Poker, they list the chance of getting one card you need from the next two dealt at 8.4% for two outs. This would make it 11:1 (100-8.4 / 8.4 : 1) to turn a pair into a set after you've missed on the flop.

Given that, here's a hand that I played recently.

------------------------------------------------
Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???
------------------------------------------------

My only read this early into a session was that the button seemed to know what he was doing and the table wasn't all that loose.

Given 11:1 odds on two outs and 14:1 pot odds, is this a no-brainer call? Should I worry about being raised from this position, which could kill my pot odds? Other thoughts?