Thread: 0 for 16
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 12:27 PM

Default well, A J...you might get some disconcerning replies...

[ QUOTE ]
Those results would leave me pretty discouraged too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's hard to tell too much with your post but believe it or not you probably need to get more aggressive when you actually do have something. A8 later in the action can be a hand where you can go with, but it depends on your position, your opponents, and how desperate you are [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Realize though that when you make a play like this it's to win the pot now, not fool around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have no idea how anyone wins on Party at any level though, so who am I to ask [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] One thing's for sure though - your variance is going to be higher than it needs to be and your ROI is going to be lower. Maybe you could come over to Stars where they actually give you enough money to play with (T1500) and the blinds aren't nearly as crazy. The setup at Party is designed to make THEM money by getting these things over with quickly, but in doing so they take skill out of it pretty much and instead you've got to rely on getting lucky way too much to finish in the money.

Good luck
A.J.

A.J.

[/ QUOTE ]

from PP SNG elite, who not only make money on a regular basis, but who also contend that skill IS involved in PPs blind structure (i.e ZeeJustin- says PP SNGs have alot to do with mathematics).

me personally, i played a couple of their play money SNGs last night and there was not much skill involved at all. not compare them with the $215s, but i think you made a good point about PP Sngs are designed to MAKE THEM MONEY! think about their name--- PARTY POKER. the longer it takes for a game to end-- where a constant rake on every hand is not involved-- the less money they make.