View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend\'s advice... I think it is good

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you would need someone else to point out to you the possibility of dropping 80+BB at a given limit.

You know that it's very possible and will happen at some point if you play at that limit for any length of time.

It seems as though you were completely ignoring this possibility and that your GF was the one who pointed it out to you.

I would be a bit concerned by the fact that you were ignoring this basic bankroll-management stuff (don't play at any limit unless you are mentally prepared to drop 80BB's RIGHT NOW).

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have a bad habit of misinterpreting or missing the point in many of my posts.

The fact that I might drop 80BB at a limit is not news to me. Nor is the fact that during a certain period of time I will probably drop 200BB. These things have happened to me. I expect them.

My point was is that I thought I was ready for something. She disagreed and was able to point out why. The reason she was able to point out why is her familiarity with my thought processes and the ability to ascertain with a reasonable level of accuracy how I will react to certain events.

So no, it is not a case of "completely ignoring the possibility". Nor is it case of lack of understanding of "Basic bankroll management".