View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Did I run into an expert?

If you're the villian why wouldn't you think ::

"It is very very unlikely I am behind now. If I'm facing a flush draw I want my opponent to put in a truck load of money because most of the time he won't make his flush. And even if he does make his flush I might hit the full house. Won't it be awesome to go from slight chipleader to huge chipleader. Wait, Wait, before I get ahead of myself....how should I play this to get the most money in the pot??? If I just call this bet my opponent could very well bet any brick AND check any flush card. That sounds like a reciepe for doubling up or surviving if I'm behind. Lets do that"

It would be great if we could get some money in the pot now. Watch the turn blank. And the pick up a decent pot with very little risk. This is a workable plan for a long, long tourney. But in these SNGs you don't have much time to wait for better spots. So if you think you have a decent edge. (you will win this 75% of the time even if you know the opponent has Ts 2s, and you'll win 82% if you put the opponent on the OESD + flush draw 68s). Try to get the money in.