View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Joseph Hachem...Your Opinion New World Champion

From what i hear around here he sounds like a good upstanding member of the poker community.

If there is one issue i can say its that thing about him stiffing the dealers. Not that i personally care, but surely he must have figured that he became an instant celebrity, with a microscope on him as far as poker is concerned.

EDIT:

To be clear, he didn't "stiff" the dealers. He just didn't tip anything on top of what was already withheld from the prize pool for dealer tips. To suggest that he did stiff them is missing the point of the earlier threads on this issue - Dids

even if he didnt "like' to tip or felt he was not obligated too, i think it would have been in his better interest to leave something, and keep his image pristine and charismatic.

Just that one little thing (basically the very first decision he made after winning 7.5 million and WSOP title) might give some people a negativew first impression.

Not biggie as far as im concerned, but for the sake of the public spotlight, i would have tipped cuz others might feel stronger about it.