View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Speculation from the Small Blind in NL.

Yes another foolish question from winky.

I am always trying to look for opportunities to gain more chips when playing NL tournaments vs weak opponents. I am starting to see a trend in the tournaments I play and I want to know what you all think of this.

Many times I will see a weak play limp MP2, MP3, CO, BUT. Everytime I remember this player is limping in with some junk hand, a suited connector, JTo, Ax crap, , QT, just something I wouldnt limp with (raise or fold is my philosophy). Then I look down in the SB at a hand lke K9o, K8o, K7s, QJ, KT.

Considering the weak player, the fact that he limped, and that I have something I would normally steal a blind with in my hands would it not be prudent to raise here considering I can probably get the limper and BB to fold or get it HU with a better hand? I'm just tossing this out there.

I kept keeping track of when weak players limped and every single time (lets say 95%) they limped in with some garbage and my K(medium kicker) was a better hand. I assume even if they call with Ax your 40/60 and unless the Ace hits your done. Its an easy play post flop I would think.

Thoughts? Am I way out there? Just looking for more ways to exploit weak players.