View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Moving from 4 tables to 8 tables - please advise

My BB/100 has dropped just over 1 BB/100 hands since I made the jump from 4-8 tables. This is over 200,000 hands.

There are 2 reasons for this loss.1) It's very hard to practice good table selection playing that many tables.
2) I started playing in the mornings/afternoons where the games are tighter so I could put my hours in.

Even tho my BB/100 has dropped just over 1BB/100 hands my hourly rate has increased about 25% and on top of that I am making twice the rakeback I was previously, so the move form 4-8 tables was definately worth it for me.

With 4 tables I was always in good games in 2 or 3 or sometimes all 4 of the tables I was on. With 8 tables I don't have the luxury of waiting for the juciy games to open(you don't have the time) and and I "settle for ok games"

My basic rule is for evening games any less than 7BB's for an extended period of time and I bail from the table. Afternoon or day games any less than 6BB's and I bail from the table. Once I sit at a new table I quickly scan the stats of the players and decide if the pot average met my minimum requirements cause the game was loose or because it was full of TAG's. At this point I either post or bail and find a new table. I constantly am monitoring the table averages and I probably switch tables an average of 10-12 times an hour.(This itself can seem like a chore)

I also was able to do 4 tables in my sleep and decided to add more. I went straight from 4 to 8 tables, I did not slowly add a table as some of the other posters suggested.

However, I would recommend adding 1 table at a time until you are comfortable with the extra tables. (I am a stubborn guy and had decided not to do this, the smart thing and almost gave up doing 8 a couple of days into it.) Now I can comfortably do 8 and could probably add another table or two in there but I'm not setting up a 3rd monitor so 8 will be my limit.