View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: from chipleader to out in the stars 45k rebuy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever consider just folding and letting the blind go? I know, I know, CL pushing the little guy around, thats how I would perceive it and so with A2, i just might fire back as well, especially if this is something you were doing ith on a fairly consistent basis. Lets face it, you can make that play with any 2 cards, I did it with 8 2 the other day, easy steal from MP, also didnt hurt that I had around 900k. If you did this with any type of consistency, then you can throw FE out the door, at some point someone will say F*** It I'm taking a stand. And the A9o, were you so desperate at that point to push? Sure you are a slight favorite against a random hand. You still had a decent M, not great, but not desperate either, why push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding K7o in the SB is really bad, particularly if you are the chip leader. I've folded better hands than that in the SB many times, but I had a specific reason. You don't have to bully people with the chip lead, but no need to play ultraconservative.

Pushing is cEV+, and I don't think you should be afraid to gamble. You won't win the tornament by playing cautiously. I think you have to limp, raise, or push. Folding is way too weak tight.

You have to push with A9o from the button. That is a really big hand 3-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, with A9 it was four handed. Second, folding K7o in the SB is not weak tight, even if it was folded around to the SB. I know that half of the time the BB is going to fold, but like I said, this a play that was done earlier as a push, now to make it look like there is some thought behind it, to me, shows weakness and is behind the BB A2. It should have been a push or fold, maybe limp but to just raise is not the line I would take. Something I havent seen mentioned is table image, if the BB perceived that the SB makes this play with any two cards then why just call the raise, for the BB this was a push or fold situation facing the raise from the CL. BB pushes, SB must call given the odds. At the beginning of the hand, was the SB willing to call a push with K7o? I think not. I'm not risking half of my stack just to pick up a ~48k pot. 3xBB raise = I want action, 5xbb = No action please. Thats the perception that I see.