View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Secondary Short Stack, Already in The $$ problem

Okay, let me explain why I think it's not such an easy decision. I have only 1300 left if I fold, and if the short stack doubles up, he will have 1200 (his 500 twice and my dead money). However, if I push, I offer myself protection in a way. The big stack will call my push and I now have effectively two hands all in against the shorty. This maximizes the chance that he will be eliminated. By letting it go I give the short stack the chance to become even in chips with me by beating one hand, all the while donating 40% of his stack to start the hand to the pot. I also needed to double up fast, not just to beat the short stack but to have any prayer of winning. The only drawback I can see to pushing almost any two here would be if the shortstack had folded with only t180 left and hoped that I would be eliminated. This is the main reason that I folded, but I think I should be pushing a lot wider range in this spot, as any reasonable player should put his last 180 in the pot getting over 2.5 to 1. Am I still wrong here? Why?