View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: low limit o8 post flop folds

It is hard to give general answers. But I'll try.

Things are often clear when two or three high cards flop. Players who are betting or raising have strong high hands or strong high draws. If you only have a weak, non-nut draw you may want to wait for a more favorable situation to invest your money.

I think a straight draw by itself is a rather weak hand. Frequently the board will end up with three of a suit or paired. If you are going to draw to a straight make sure it is the nut straight and proceed with caution.

If opponents are giving you lots of action and you only have a non-nut flush draw, I would tend to lay it down. This is especially true if it is not possible for someone to have flopped a straight. In this case you may be up against a hand like trips or two pair and/or the nut flush draw.

If the flop is paired I do not draw for straights or flushes. It doesn't matter whether they are the nut straight or not.

If only one or two opponents see the flop, there is a good chance that one or both were going low and may not have much for high. If two opponents are going past the flop when three high cards flop, I would put them on some kind of hand. You will have to pay attention to what kinds of hands they are showing down. Figure out who is only showing down strong hands and avoid giving them action. You can make these non-nut calls against looser players who are showing down weaker hands.

How you play a given drawing hand will be dependent on the number and nature of your opponents, the size of the pot (was there a preflop raise), your hand, the board, your position, and the other players actions.