View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: 50$ NL Deep Stacks... Extremely weird river

[ QUOTE ]
1st I don't fold this preflop either.

[/ QUOTE ]
What talked me into calling was the price I was getting from the pot and my position. But folding is correct. Think about reverse implied odds.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this flop nearly every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why... Not saying that your play is without merit, but in most cases when someone limp/reraises and checks the flop they'll have either a monster or are scared of the ace on board. Checking seems like the best way to induce action, no?

[ QUOTE ]
Whats with the .50 turn bet? I've see loads of hands posted with mini bets like this on the flop, turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Frequently they're draws. Sometimes its a weak hand trying figure out where they're at. Sometimes it's a strong hand asking to get raised... in which case I almost invariably accomodate them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I call the push and expect to see either the case J or AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
AK pushing this river would be extremely weird. What hand could he limp/reraise with that has a jack?

[ QUOTE ]
If he has AA he out-played me

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean outflopped me right? I think Villain played this hand horribly.

Anyways, yeah, I called, and the fucker had AA. I really, erally, REALLY didn't need to lose my stack here, but, you know, heat of the moment and all that bullshit.

The crazy thing is I only played 90 some hands (I stopped after this hand because I was a little perturbed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and managed to finish up!