View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
The examples you cite are clear-cut examples of stalling gone horribly wrong. Where am I advocating that people should do these things? What I am saying is that I'm near certain that you, nor most right-thinking poker players, do not always move instantaneously as soon as you make a decision. I'm not saying you take 2 minutes either, but I bet you take at least a little time pretty frequently. What is a reasonable amount of time to take? Nobody here has given a good answer to that, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I disagree with you pretty strongly, I share your frustration in being unable to get a coherent response from your opponents in this discussion.

So, I think that 1 minute is long enough over the table to consider any poker decision, even though I have had many decisions that I've gladly taken longer on.

My frustration is that this million-dollar game can't put together coherent rules and has to rely so heavily on etiquette and tradition for guidance with so much money at stake. It's ludicrous. What the actual rules are is much less important than the fact that there actually are some.