View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 09:18 PM

Default \"Then the country enters great deals of poverty.\"?

Huh? The reason the currency gets hammered is because they were already in "great deals" of poverty. THEY HAVE MORE CURRENCY THAN PRODUCTS! LETTING THEM TRADE THEIR CURRENCY - WHICH OFFERS A CLAIM ON MUD - FOR OUR CURRENCY - WHICH GIVES THEM A CLAIM ON OUR '67 'VETTES - IS LETTING THEM ROB US! THESE CURRENCY TRADERS ARE THE POLICEMAN ON THE BEAT, THANK GOODNESS!

Of course, countries where people borrow money and build cool stuff, like X-Boxes, have a loose policy. If these dirtbags take claims on our assets, and funnel it into alot of whores and marble mansions for the political class - and vote-buying handouts - they need to be busted out of business, together with the fly-bitten mob that puts them in power!

You're saying some politician knows the "proper" level of a currency? My goodness, you are a liberal The only way to discover the "proper" level of a currency is with incessant swarms of people who go broke if they are wrong. What is the "proper" price for anything? I thought this debate wrapped up 50 years ago, when Hayek mopped the floor with Keynes.

So far as your "solution" - well, it's so wrongheaded, I don't even know where to begin. The point of margins is not to limit...

...another time. Let's just say it would not have the pictured effect on speculators, and not the misunderstood effect on exhange rates either.

eLROY

P.S. The real underlying cause perpetuating poverty, is all these economic meddlers promising to do something about it! Hmmmm, I think if we do this, this will happen... If they really want to end poverty in their countries, and be more like us, I've got one word: COPY! For crying out loud, we've been doing this for only about 150 years, and nobody had to think it up! Anything else is just jerking around.