View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Re: \"One week as a pro\" article

I'd rather make $20/hr playing a freaking computer game from home that I can do whenever I want then make $30 or $40/hr having to commute to a typical office 'environment' working a typical type of 'boss' while always smiling and wearing a shirt and tie and having to show up at 8 in the freaking morning.

At $20/hr on online-poker you also have the potential to actually GET BETTER. There is no reason to assume that you will always continue to make that much.
The 'business trips' in poker (stuff like winning a package to the WSOP or something) are pretty nice perks too.

Lots of people who work pretty miserable jobs for semi-decent money would gladly take a pay-cut to work at home whenever they felt like working.
Many of these people would accept an even bigger pay-cut if it was no longer the same job, but rather was something that they actually kind of enjoyed like playing poker.

I've been in a really bad losing streak lately...and even that hasn't really turned me off to the freedom and flexibility that one gets doing this.
I'm grinding my way back because it's so much better than so many other options out there (and because I think the long-term potential of studying and becoming a good poker-player is worthwhile).