View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Further thoughts...and results

Wow! I must have really misplayed this hand then. In all honesty I was a bit tired last night and as I've been reviewing my hands this morning, it was apparent that I really wasn't playing my A game.

As I'm sure some of you have guessed, I called this. I thought about it so long that I almost didn't hit the button before time ran out. My reasons for calling were as follows:

1) I've been running a bit cold which means villain has seen me fold to aggression more often than I normally do.

2) Although villain's stats are passive, he's been playing rather aggressively against me, personally. In addition to the two C/B snap-offs I mentioned, he also open pushed, heads-up against me, about 6 hands ago. I folded my JJ overpair (which I had 3-bet him with PF). Since this trick worked once, he's likely to try it again.

3) Villain has shown a tendancy to bluff (usually on the river), and his bluffs haven't been very smart ones.[ QUOTE ]
He likes to make plays on the river, though, sometimes without a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

4) Yes, villain could have a set or 2-pair, but he would have been just as afraid of the flush as I was, and probably played much more cautiously.

5) Villain's most likely holding seems to be an A with a heart. I'm probably ahead of his A and his lone heart only has a 1:3 chance of getting there by the river. I think, therefore, that I have equity in this call.

So...like I said, I was tired, and my thinking may not have been as correct or logical as it should have been. Anyway I called. Villain showed T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. No more hearts came and MHIG.