View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: AK OOP /w straight/flush draw. Find me a better line!?

[ QUOTE ]
I think folding the turn might be a good idea. But his combination of weak flop + strong turn made be suspect that he was probably trying to steal the flop and semibluff the the turn when he picked up a flush draw. If aces/kings are good if they hit, I'm better than 1.9:1 to win, and 2.1:1 if only one of those cards is good. I'm getting 2.4:1 on my turn call, so I'm losing about 12 cents each time I do this. If I can get 40 cents out of him on the river when I hit a straight or flush, then this call ends up breaking even. Any more would be profit. Of course this doesn't consider all the times he has the nut flush.

As for folding the flop... that feels incredibly weak. He could anything, including a middle pocket pair or even air and just wanted to see if I had anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level, who cares? Why invest so much with AK here and players still in the hand? Bluffing at this level is -EV. If players want to bluff you out of a buck here, I'd let them have it. A weak bet could mean a monster or air at this level. If this were HU's and you had position, I'd take a different stance, but as is I'd just fold the flop. You're going to be playing air OOP the rest of the hand. Just seems pointless.